Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow "Sprint Started" trigger to all projects(Global)

Venkat Bompally May 30, 2022

Currently Sprint Created, Started and Completed triggers are only applicable to a board/project.

Is there a way to define this rule Global so that it can be applied to all projects 

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

I see this one is still open.  There is a potential workaround for this:

1. Create a new board that is inclusive of all desired projects. I recommend having a good Project Category structure in place so that it can scale as new projects are created:
    1. Category IN (A, B, C, n)
  2. Create your global rule with the Sprint Started trigger based upon the board created in step 1

This should trigger your automation every time a sprint starts for any of your in scope projects.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

no.

The sprint actions have to be applicable to boards - sprints are not project artefacts, they are board artefacts. 

You can't start a sprint for a project that is not included in a board - there isn't a sprint there to start!

Venkat Bompally May 31, 2022

We have 300+ projects, If you want to send an email using automation on Sprint started, created and updated that will be 900 rules. If you have an option define it as a global rule that will be 3 rules.

That is the reason i was looking for an option to make it Global.

Like # people like this
Kelly Nezwek September 9, 2022

And yet the scope of the rule itself is still based on "Projects".

Totally agree with Venkat - there needs to be an option to have this trigger run "Globally".  At a minimum, we should be allowed to select multiple boards in the rule we are creating.  Restricting the rule to only run on 1 board does mean we need to create a new rule for each board, which is a ton of overhead.  

*Edit - while I see Venkat tagged this for data-center, I'm using Cloud and am running into the same limitation. 

Kelly Nezwek September 9, 2022

@Venkat Bompally - I checked open tickets w/Atlassian and didn't see this as an existing request, so I logged a ticket.  In case you'd like to watch/vote, here is the link :) 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23487 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events