Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add user to default users jira and conflunece with api script

Daniel Tveriya April 21, 2023

Hi,

I want use Atllasian API  and users to defaults groups.

I tried API documents but without a success.

Did someone have example for that?

Thanks

Daniel

2 answers

0 votes
Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2023

Hi @Daniel Tveriya 

I hope you were successful in getting your script to work? This has been an issue for a while for Atlassian Admins who want to utilise the default Atlassian groups for their SCIM sync'd users.

If you were unsuccessful, we do have an app that could help with this, essentially we're solving ACCESS-604. It's about to be released in a free closed beta around January 2024. If you're interested, contact us via our website smolsoftware.com to be a part of the beta. 

-Kieren
Co-Founder @ Smol Software | Ex-Atlassian

0 votes
David Pezet April 21, 2023

I've had luck using the Jira Add user to group endpoint. The call would be to something like,

https://<sitename>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/group/user?groupname=<groupname>

(Note, that example is using groupname not groupid, at somepoint a groupname may change so choose accordingly.) 

and the POST body should be something like,

{
"accountId": "<accountId>"
}
David Pezet April 21, 2023

Oh, and since it is a POST you will need to pass credentials in an Authorization header, as described here.

Daniel Tveriya April 22, 2023

Thanks @David Pezet  I will try.

But how I getting users id for all my site?

I tried also follow the docs but without a success.

Thanks

David Pezet April 24, 2023

Get all users will provide a list. Use maxResults to increase the amount returned. Something like

/rest/api/3/users/search?maxResults=1000

(I'm not sure what the actual max is.)

If you have a larger, more general group you might also try Get users from group to help control the list returned as well. This returns a paginated list of users in group.

Daniel Tveriya April 25, 2023

I Using this script to get all my users directory 

# This code sample uses the 'requests' library:
# http://docs.python-requests.org
import requests
import json

url = "https://api.atlassian.com/admin/v1/orgs/{orgId}/users"

headers = {
"Accept": "application/json",
"Authorization": "Bearer <access_token>"
}

response = requests.request(
"GET",
url,
headers=headers
)

print(json.dumps(json.loads(response.text), sort_keys=True, indent=4, separators=(",", ": ")))

how I getting the all users?

David Pezet April 25, 2023

Unfortunately, I don't think that endpoint returns ALL users. It only returns the organization's "managed" users. The only way that comes to mind is to use the individual product's api (Jira's mentioned above) to get all users. Which product(s), are you hoping for?

Daniel Tveriya April 26, 2023

I need to add new users to Jira and Confluence groups

David Pezet April 27, 2023

Confluence uses the same groups handled by the Jira endpoint. So if all Confluence users are also in Jira you should be able to use the Get all users endpoint, or if not, you can use the  Get users from group endpoint passing your Confluence "Default Access Group" (typically confluence-user) -- this one is paginated so make sure to handle accordingly.

Daniel Tveriya April 30, 2023

Hi David,
My problem now is when I try to get a response from Jira, although I admit the response code is 403.

My user is admin and site.

Which permission am I missing?

Thanks

David Pezet April 30, 2023

Do you have your user's api token encoded in your authorization header properly? Try Basic authentication, instead of Bearer. See here for more details. So it should look something like

"Authorization": "Basic <Base64 encoded token>"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events