Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action: create Confluence Page with Jira Report

Stefan Prelle August 16, 2022

I want to create a release notes page in Confluence with static list of all Jira issues of a given release, the moment the version is released.

I am aware that there is an automation action to create a Confluence Page - but it somehow is insufficient. It allows selection a space, a parent page and a template - but the template selector only shows custom made templates.

Ideally I want to be able to select an output like the dynamic Jira reports in a static way for external/anonymous users.

Is that possible somehow?

2 answers

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

@Stefan Prelle based on above conversation, it is definitely not a cakewalk to achieve what you are trying to. May I suggest you look at the marketplace apps that might potentially solve this challenge for you?

These are some of the apps that should help - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=release%20notes

PS - I am the product owner of Automated release notes & Automated release notes (Free) apps. ARN apps allow for a lot many use cases when it comes to the Confluence integration, you may want to give them a try.

Best,
Anand

0 votes
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Stefan Prelle 

You could try to use the web request action to manually call the create content api, and populate it with the information you want

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automating-the-creation-of-a-Confluence-page-linked-to-a-Jira/ba-p/1760738

Hope that might help you

Cheers
Sam

Stefan Prelle August 17, 2022

Hi @Sam Harding

Thanks for the hint.

When I understand this correctly, I need to have the page content to use this this way. The missing piece would then be to create the content (release notes for the version) on the fly and feed it to this web request action - or find a way to create a confluence page with a stock-template.

Do you have any idea how to achieve this?

Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

Ah yes, using a template in this case would be very difficult.

I don't really think there is a viable approach there without having to do some very long and complicated text manipulation (ie, hitting the confluence api to fetch a template, then use a series of regex replacements to populate it).

Perhaps a better approach here would be to create a page from a template, and then update the page using the update api which contains some 'storage' and formatting concepts to allow easier manipulation of the page contents

Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easier or comprehensive solution to this problem at this time.

Cheers
Sam

Like Stefan Prelle likes this
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2022

Some similar discussions can be found on this thread, maybe this will provide some help https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-i-create-a-new-page-from-a-users-template-using-rest-api/qaq-p/1059884

Like Stefan Prelle likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events