Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4J Data Center: Lookup issues JQL doesn't accept linkedIssues("{{issue.key}}")

Daniil Lazarev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2024

Subj

I tried both #1

issue IN linkedIssues("{{issue.key}}") and Project=PROJECTNAME
and #2
issue IN linkedIssues("{{triggerIssue}}") AND project = PROJECTNAME

and confirmed the value of {{issue.key}} and {{triggerIssue}} in a separate Log Action.
But the log for Lookup issues says: 

A search during custom value definition found no issues.

Some notes: JQL with actual issue key works as expected. Linked issue and triggerissue are in different projects, but the rule is applied to both. I can't validate query in the Lookup Issue pane when inserting #1 or #2 in it. If I insert an actual issue key, the validate query works as expected. The rule trigger is When Issue Transitioned.

Could someone please confirm it and maybe share a workaround?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2024

Hi @Daniil Lazarev -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is the scope of your automation rule: single project, multiple-projects, or global?

Single project-scope rules can create (or clone) issues into other projects, but they cannot view or edit the issues in other projects.  That takes a multiple-projects or global scope rule.  Your Jira Site Admin will need to change the scope of a rule.

If that does not help, please post images of your complete automation rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution.  Those will provide context to help explain this symptom.

Kind regards,
Bill

Daniil Lazarev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy !

Thanks for your comment.

Shortly: this rule stops working when our Jira Instance starts freezing due to hitting database max pool connections. We'll resolve the issue of the limits first and after that, I'll update this topic.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2024

Hi @Daniil Lazarev 

I am following up to learn if you solved this question yet.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events