Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to create a test plan or test set with a product atlassian?

Bruno Bernadet July 22, 2021

hello

My enterprise use jira and Xray and it's going to be develop. We try to create by automation based on a query a test plan or a test set because we tested a lot of product. We use test with manual steps for a lot.

is there a way to create a test plan or test set with a product atlassian? Or another add on?

Thanks

2 comments

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Bruno Bernadet 

I do not have Xray to try this, and I expect that if you can create a query to determine what tests to create, that you can create them using Automation for Jira (A4J).  The automation is built in for Jira Cloud, and is available for Server/Data Center as a free (Lite) or paid (Pro) version.

Please check the Xray vendor product's documentation to determine if those test entities are just issue types in Jira, or stored elsewhere and so require calling their REST API to create them.

Best regards,
Bill

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Bruno Bernadet 

In Xray, most of the information is based on Jira issues so that you can apply typical Jira issue operations to Xray Issues as well.

So, yes, in Xray, you have Test Plan and Test Set issue types, and you can query them using JQL.

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://xraysupport.getxray.app); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events