Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View who made changes to a confluence page

Pablo Castillo November 19, 2021

HI! This is a questions I am always asked by teams who collaborate in confluence pages. While it is great to view changes to a page that is being edited.... you can´t see who made those changes, so you don´t know who to go to and discuss the changes.

This could be a good feature to add.

3 comments

Mykenna Cepek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Agreed that this would be a nice feature. And (to this former software developer) it sounds hard to implement.

Note that each "Publish" action creates a new version of the page, and lists ALL the collaborators who contributed changes to that version. So at least there is a small set of possible users for each set of changes.

For situations where there are a lot of collaborators, and attribution of changes is important, a policy or recommendation to "publish often" might make sense. Users may need to be trained / reminded not to let draft versions float out there for days or weeks (unless that's really your purposeful collaboration cadence).

Note that the community is primarily for getting help from other users. Product suggestions can be submitted directly to the JAC. But lots of people need to vote for one in order for it to be considered for a product.

Atlassian's policies for product enhancements is discussed here.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Yes, I'd like to see that too.

But I can see it being really hard to do.  Imagine several people in a meeting all trying to agree on a sentence in a page so it undergoes several edits in the same minute.  How would you show that three people made a whole series of edits to it?

My instinct would be to do the obvious in most cases - where only one person has edited a section between saves, it would be great to be able to see that, but in the more complex cases, I think I'd just save it as "see the list of people who contributed to this version of this page".

But I do remember when we first got collaborative editing and seeing an -ise word being hit about 30 times by both the English and American-English speakers inside a 15 minute meeting.  We really don't need to record that!  

But that slight edge-case aside, yes, I'd really like to be able to see the individual contributions, not just the person who last belted "save". 

If you raise this, let us know where to vote!

Patrick Haley November 21, 2021

Hopefully I'm not missing the point here, but what about the Page History in Confluence Cloud?

page history.png

This just shows a list of who published changes, but you can compare versions pretty easily.

If you want to dive into more specific changes (like what exactly was changed and by whom, you can click the Page Menu > Advanced Details > Page Information. Then under the Recent Changes Panel, you can click View Changes to see each one highlighted on the page. 

Roman Tsoi December 14, 2022

Hi all.
Unfortunately no, it doesn't work like that. There is no such functionality at the moment.
Good luck)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events