Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a reminder email for due date is coming

gunjan.jain July 8, 2022

Automate send an email reminder to the assignee before 3,2.1 day of the due date of a task in the current sprint.

1 comment

Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2022

Hi, @gunjan.jain 

To send reminders to the assignee 3, 2, 1 days before the due date of the task, I would recommend you to use SLA plugins where you can set sending such reminders. For example, you can try SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on to achieve your goals.

So, how to do this?

For this, you just need to add Custom Fields to the Issue with the dates when you want to get the reminders and labels with statuses (you can do this in the Project Settings). 

For example, the due date is July 30. And you want the reminders to be sent on July 27, July 28, July 29. So, add custom fields "Time Stamps" and "Labels" and name them according to your needs:

Custom Fields.png

After that, select necessary dates for custom fields (dates when you want to receive notifications) in the Issue:

reminders.png

Next, oo to the SLA Configurations Manager and set the conditions according to which you will get the notifications. 
Note: when creating an SLA configuration, choose the SLA goal type “Negotiated date”. 

add a config.png

And choose when you want to get the reminders, a person who will get them. The settings should be like this:

Config.png

Note: don't forget to click "Custom field" to make it green, and choose the necessary option there: 

confirm this.png

That it! If you follow these steps, reminders will be sent to the assignee you chose on July 27, 28, 29 (= 3, 2, 1 days before the due date).

If you need more detailed information or help with configuration, just let me know! This add-on was created by my team, so we’d like to offer you a free demo call with our team where we will show you how to set everything up in the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on.

Have an amazing day!

Regards,
Olha

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events