Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Automated testing and ci/cd pipeline

AKSHIT PATEL July 24, 2024

Hello audience✋ I have one query regarding to automated testing:

"What are the most experience challenges faced by teams while using automated testing in ci/cd pipeline?"

1 comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2024

Hi @AKSHIT PATEL -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Some challenges I have observed with this topic are:

• skill gaps in incremental delivery
  • skill gaps in test case creation
  • skill gaps in test-first, development practices
  • lack of belief / support to use test-first, development practices
  • rationalizing the disabling of automated tests for expediency / urgency
  • lack of understanding of continuous integration (CI) practices
  • lack of discipline to follow CI practices
  • rushing to use continuous delivery (CD) or continuous build before CI is established
  • belief that CI / CD product tools will create a pipeline with little or no team effort

Kind regards,
Bill

AKSHIT PATEL July 27, 2024

@Bill Sheboy thankyou sir for giving a good list of bottlenecks, now sir i have counter question which is: "what are the strategies adopted by teams or organizations to handle these bottlenecks?"

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2024

What is the purpose of both your original discussion topic and your follow-up question?

I ask, as there is extensive information to be found (and then experimented with) in books, online sources, and training on these and other software construction-related topics. 

Perhaps meet with your team, internal coaching staff, and leaders to learn more to and then request training / coaching support.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events