Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to manually trigger an automation are hard to find

Laura Snoeij February 16, 2023

Hi all, 

As JIRA admin, I do receive multiple requests to make the option to manual trigger an automation more visible to the user. 

Preferably show in the Action dropdown list. treated similar to a workflow action. 

Are there more people getting this type of feedback from their users? 

Laura 

2 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2023

Hi @Laura Snoeij , I don't really hear that but I do agree. The automation seems a bit misplaced. Of course if manual Automation isn't used frequently you wouldn't necessarily want it place prominently. It would be great to see some attention applied to this topic IMO.

Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2023

Hi @Laura Snoeij

One way to manually trigger an automation rule is to add a status in the workflow and enable the 'All' transition ('Allow all statuses to transition to this one' checkbox).

Then create the automation and use the 'Issue transitioned' trigger and add the required logic there by checking the status of the ticket.  

Note that this status will be available for all users to trigger the automation rule manually and the status of the ticket will be changed to that.  You can add conditions to restrict viewing of this status to certain group members and you can always change the status back to where it was at the end of the automation rule.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events