Monitor the project without updating

Webert March 5, 2023

Hello,
In Jira Automation there is a JQL query template for issues with more than 5 days without update:
"updated <= startOfDay(-5d) AND statusCategory != Done"

I would like to run a JQL search for Projects with more than 5 days without update, that is, all projects that have not had any updates for 5 days (tasks, subtasks, etc).

Can anyone help me with this JQL?

Thank you very much!

1 comment

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

Hi @Webert - your JQL is just fine. The trick is where you use it.

If you use the Lookup issues action block you can create an email for each distinct project, including a the project's name, key, and link. Here's what I came up with:

Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 3.43.49 PM.png

The {{lookupIssues}} smart value includes all issues found in the JQL query. But if you add .project to that smart value, it only returns the project object for each issue. If you then add the .distinct function, it will remove any duplicates.

So we use the use the {{#}} list operator to iterate through all of the distinct projects found in the lookup to generate HTML code that creates a link to each project (based on the project {{key}}), with the link text made up of the project {{key}} and {{name}}. The text of the email is copied here for easier modification and reference:

The following projects have not had any updates in the last five days:

<ul>
{{#lookupIssues.project.distinct}}<li><a href="https://MYSITE.atlassian.net/browse/{{key}}">{{key}} - {{name}}</li>{{/}}
</ul>

Like # people like this
Webert March 6, 2023

Hi @Darryl Lee,

Fantastic!

Many thanks for the quick response.

I will apply right now.

Webert March 6, 2023

Dear @Darryl Lee 

Your guidance worked just perfectly!!!
Thank you very much indeed for the support.

I only made a small insertion closing the <a> tag of the link, because if it is desirable to insert some content below the e-mail, the link does not extend.

Standing as follows:

The following projects have not had any updates in the last five days:

<ul>
{{#lookupIssues.project.distinct}}<li><a href="https://MYSITE.atlassian.net/browse/{{key}}">{{key}} - {{name}}</a></li>{{/}}
</ul>

My best regards,

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Glad it worked @Webert! Thanks for catching my missing closing </a> tag! 

Like Webert likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events