Enhancements to vote for

David Meadow October 20, 2021

A small list of enhancements (yes I put in the first one) to vote for:

Notify user on failure -- So when a condition is not met, the user is notified, instead of having no idea and a banner that says the rule ran successfully. 

Sticky div for add component -- So we don't have to scroll up and down to add new components to a long rule. 

Allow Rule Actor to be dynamically set  -- So the actual user who triggered the action is listed in the history, comments, etc. 

1 comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

Hi @David Meadow 

Thanks for the information and suggestions! Yes, and...

Regarding "Notify user on failure" we could ask for a "Break" action.  This would punch out of a scope/rule and so an if/else condition with an email would satisfy your notification need and allow the rule to still terminate.  This would also help with the confusion that occurs with conditions in scheduled-trigger rules, where it is not always clear when conditions in multiple components will/will not allow the rule to continue.

Here are some of my own suggestions for automation, for your consideration:

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Great list @Bill Sheboy 

My fav 3 would be:

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events