Tell us what you think of automation!

Hi everyone,

My name is Dilani and I joined the automation team recently as Head of Product. I'm keen to open up the conversation with our customers and better understand how you all use automation, what the pain points are and what you'd love to see in the product. 

We're also thinking about what we could be doing in the low-code no-code space. 

I'd love to hear from you on automation and low-code no-code, so please grab a time and and let's chat! 

-Dilani

9 comments

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Dilani Kahawala 
Your "grab a time" link doesn't appear to be working, but I'd happily chat with you about automation.

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

@Curt Holley

I managed to get it to work if you click the link and then remove the automation feedback part of the context path leaving just https://calendly.com/dkahawala.

Dan

Like # people like this
Julia Foden August 16, 2022

Thank you @Dilani Kahawala I've booked a call. Thanks also @Dan Tombs for the tip.

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Managed to book a call .. Thanks @Dilani Kahawala .. 

Dilani Kahawala
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2022

I updated the link above. So hopefully it works better now! Thanks to everyone who grabbed time! Looking forward to all the conversations.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

Hi @Dilani Kahawala ,

It seems I can't find a suitable timeslot, due to timezone differences. So I will sum up a few of my main pain points:

• If a change is made in an issue by automation, you need to puzzle your way through the audit log and the many automations you have to figure out which automation caused the change. It would be really helpful to be able to have link to the automation that causes the change is the history of the issue.
  • When you have a rule with more than 10 actions then it is really hard to edit. Because when you scroll down and select an action the content of the action is shown and you are scrolled back completely to the top. If you want to edit the next action, you have to scroll down again, select the action and everything repeats. This really causes a lot of irritation and time.
  • It would be useful to be able to search for certain actions in the rules overview. E.g. search for all rules that have a comment action. Or all rules that trigger on field value change (of a certain field).
  • Ability to use nested if then else rules
  • Ability to use more than 63 actions 
  • If you create subtasks, add the possibility to add fields immediately instead of that it reverts back to the create issue action. Mainly for system fields, like assignee, components
  • Test run possibilities. If I create a rule, I want to be able to test it before it changes actually fields. So a test button would be nice, which output a text of what the rule would have changed. (Or maybe even some nicer format)

Thanks,

Rudy

Like # people like this
Patrick van der Rijst August 23, 2022

Hi, 

Here are my remarks.

• https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/in-the-automation-parallel-execution-of-the-branches-to-main-thread-can-produce-incorrect-unexpected-outcome-1115147731.html -> This one is painful! You want to define actions that run after your branch is completed
  • Being able to disable elements in your rule, e.g. disable an action within your rule
  • More than one nesting / branching. Even an if/else within a branch is not possible
  • Make it easier to connect automation rules. Now you have to send a webrequest and configure an incoming webhook + configure your API token to make this happen. Add an action: trigger automation rule
  • Allow multiple triggers
  • More debug options, in the audit log you can see that a condition was met or not met, but you can't really see why and see the details
  • Allow nested variables (this ticket was closed last week, why! https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2086 
  • Allow "epic link" in the "field updated" trigger, now you have to listen on "issue update" and then check the change log, meaning every issue will trigger this automation rule.
  • Better Insight integration
Jaap van Oostaijen August 23, 2022

Hi,

A few suggestions related to the Server/Data Center automation:

• Trigger based on updated field "Parent Link" (for the Advanced Roadmap relations)
  • Being able to copy custom field from a Parent issue (again for the Advanced Roadmap relations)
  • Usage of variables
Like Dilani Kahawala likes this
Dilani Kahawala
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Rudy Holtkamp - thanks for the feedback. I'd love to find a time for us to catch up live if possible. Could you shoot me an emaill at dkahawala@atlassian.com? I'll try to make it work across timezones.

Like Rudy Holtkamp likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events