Supercharge Your Jira, Trello, and Confluence Workflow with free Low-Code Automations

Preamble: There was no other category than this – but I'm sure you'll love the topic anyway. And more examples are coming, and the article will be updated over time.

Low-code solutions are gaining popularity as an efficient and effective way to boost productivity and streamline workflow. If you're an Atlassian tools user, such as Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, or Trello, you're in luck – there are several low-code tools that integrate seamlessly with these platforms.

In this article, we'll take a look at some of the most popular low-code tools that you can use with Atlassian, including PixieBrix, UI.Vision RPA, Tasker for Android, and Shortcuts for iOS and macOS.

These tools allow you to automate repetitive tasks, such as data entry, testing, and task tracking, using a visual interface and pre-built workflows.

So, let's dive in and explore how low-code solutions can help you work smarter, not harder, with Atlassian tools.

Low-Code Tools for Browsers

PixieBrix and UI.Vision RPA are browser automation tools that allow users to create custom automation workflows for repetitive tasks. With these tools, users can automate tasks such as data entry, testing, giving feedback, or adding and tracking tasks. And they come with a free plan and community support.

PixieBrix is a low-code tool that allows users to automate repetitive tasks such as data entry, testing, feedback, or task tracking. It provides a visual interface for creating automation workflows by dragging and dropping pre-built blocks.

It's compatible with Google Chrome, making it an excellent choice for Atlassian tool users who primarily use this browser. Additionally, PixieBrix offers a free plan and a Marketplace with pre-built mods, making it accessible to users with different budgets and skill levels.

>> PixieBrix and Trello

Thanks to @Brittany Joiner there is plenty of great examples available.

UI.Vision RPA, on the other hand, is an extension for Google Chrome and Firefox that allows users to record and replay macros, making it easier to automate repetitive tasks.

Provides a user-friendly interface for recording and replaying macros. With UI.Vision RPA, Atlassian tool users can automate repetitive tasks such as data entry or testing, saving valuable time and increasing productivity.

You could automate the process of updating Jira issues with the latest test results by recording a macro that navigates to the Jira issue, updates the status, and saves the changes. Also automate the process of creating new Confluence pages by recording a macro that navigates to the right space, creates a new page / template, and adds the necessary content.

Low-Code Tools for Android Devices

Tasker for Android is a powerful automation app that allows users to create custom automation workflows for their Android devices. It is not free but with only a small price point. With Tasker, users can automate tasks such as opening apps, sending messages, adjusting device settings, and much more.

Tasker uses a visual interface and a range of pre-built actions and triggers that allow users to create custom automation workflows without having to write code. More information on YouTube.

You could also automate the process of creating a new Trello card or Jira issue when you take a certain action on your phone.

Low-Code for Apple iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts for iOS is a similar tool for Apple devices that allows users to automate tasks across different apps and services on their iPhone and iPad. Shortcuts uses a visual interface and a range of pre-built actions and triggers that allow users to create custom automation workflows without having to write code.

Users can create tasks that perform tasks such as opening apps, sending messages, adjusting device settings, and more. Shortcuts is compatible with the Jira App for iOS, making it an excellent choice for Jira users.

You could automate the process of creating a new Jira issue when you add a new reminder in the Reminders app.

macOS

And here is Shortcuts on Mac.

>> 13 Shortcuts to use every day (iOS & Mac Automations)

Jira iOS App + Shortcuts for iPhone and iPad

>> Create Jira shortcuts using Apple’s Shortcuts app

By using these and other low-code solutions, users can automate repetitive tasks and streamline their workflow, making it easier to focus on tackling customer or business pain points.

These free tools can help bring data, screenshots, attachments, or content creation into a single interface, making it easier to track and manage tasks for you. And to get data into your Atlassian tools.

💬 If you're interested in learning more about low-code solutions, let me know in the comments below.

Upcoming Community Events will bring together starters, experts, or people with a need to talk and share their approach on all things Jira, Confluence, Trello, and all your other favorite tools from Atlassian.

In the meantime, discover more tips & tricks online with the Non-Developer's Guide to Using Python to Streamline Jira Tasks.

In Conclusion

Low-code solutions are an excellent way to improve your productivity and streamline workflow for users of Atlassian tools. By using these tools, users can automate repetitive tasks, making it easier to focus on tackling customer or business pain points.

I hope this article has provided you with some ideas for using low-code solutions with Atlassian tools, and I encourage you to leave a comment below.

If you're interested in sharing what you use, what you wish to have and learn. And we want to kick off an event series around best practices.

Keep in mind: Atlassian Community Events are happening in-person, online and hybrid. Locally and globally.

Liked this post? Want to see more?

👋🏻 Hello - I am Krimo and a Community Leader since 2015

🔺 Passionate about delivering exceptional Digital Customer Experiences

🔺 Connect with me on LinkedIn

🔺 Join the Atlassian Community Events in Cologne or Düsseldorf

🔺 Or virtually from anywhere – with our Online Events

2 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Love this!! I'm curious to see what kind of things folks here are wanted to see automated and maybe we can figure out how to build them with low/no-code tools!

Like # people like this
Krimo Khermane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

@Brittany Joiner indeed! A total Impossible alone, Possible together. There are so many tools out there. One alone can't name them all. But I wanted to make a start. And I hope people will share examples over time.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events