Jira Cloud Automation docs have moved

Hi Atlassian Community!

We wanted to update you on a change we’ve made to the Jira Cloud automation help docs.

Note that this doesn’t impact help content Automation for Jira Server.

What did we change?

Previously, the Jira Cloud automation help content was located in the Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Jira Work Management docs, under the Automate your Jira Cloud process and workflows section.

4d778d77-52b8-4d34-8898-b3e5062006f8.png

We’ve taken this content out of the Jira Cloud docs, and moved them to their own Cloud automation docs space, which can be found at support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/resources.

The Automate your Jira Cloud process and workflows section in each of the Jira product docs still exists; but this will soon be removed, so we thought it’d be a good idea to warn you about this ahead of time.

Why did we do this?

Reason #1 - Your feedback

We’ve gotten a lot of feedback from you about the Jira Cloud automation help docs. You told us:

• The docs were hard to find: Looking for content related specifically to Jira Cloud automation was difficult, because the docs lived inside the Jira product docs. We got this feedback a lot; especially from those of you who were with us from the Code Barrel days, because back then the docs were completely separate from any Jira Cloud content.

• Finding specific automation topics was difficult: Because the docs lived in three different places, finding specific content was hard. For example, a search for “smart values - general” would give 3 results that were identical, and it wasn’t clear which page was the “real” version (spoilers: they were all the real version)

1a9a53e5-4808-46c7-8ced-a18433dbc608.png

Reason #2 - Preparing for the future

We’ve got big plans! As the Automation platform becomes available across more Atlassian Cloud products, it’s even more important that automation documentation be easily accessible in a single place.

Got suggestions for where you’d like to use Automation next? We’d love to hear from you.

What does this mean for you?

From now onwards, there are two ways you can navigate to the Jira Cloud automation help docs:

• Navigation: You can navigate to the Jira Cloud automation docs by selecting Documentation > Other helpful links > Cloud automation when you’re looking at the Jira Software, Jira Service Management, or Jira Work Management docs.

436b1d04-dd55-47ff-8d9f-09105414fbb2.png

Once you’re in the Cloud automation docs, you’ll be able to search within them to find automation-related topics, without having other Jira content show up in the search results.

673a3341-fdc1-4b5e-920a-043d00d373a9.png

5 comments

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Nice...looking forward to Automation for Confluence and would love to see automation expanded into the Admin realm as well.

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

Thanks @Kevin Bui 

What do you think of adding search results/tagging to the community automation articles on that documentation landing page, particularly where new features are introduced?  (e.g. conditional list filtering, advanced branching, etc.)  Those articles often demonstrate practical how-to use cases.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy - Love the idea. I'm not sure if our docs platform is capable of what you're describing, but I can look into ways of including Community content on the landing page; even if it's a list of articles populated manually.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

For some other smart value, documentation improvement ideas please look here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-103

Dave Smith May 6, 2022

PLEASE allow us to change back to the old issue view by default.  It was PERFECT for our company.  All of the information we needed in 1 place.  now to get the 4 pieces of information I need, I have to go to 4 places.  In order to update or close the issue I have to go to multiple tabs instead of 1 convenient place.  Your changes may benefit others, but they are  HUGE detriment to our workflow.  Having to change back to the old view every single time I view any issue is a big PITA and I just fear the day I go to that drop down and the option is gone.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events