Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate configured components in automation rules

Hello Community! đź‘‹

We are excited to introduce the Duplicate feature in Jira and Confluence Automation! You can now create copies of a configured component with just one click within your rules, eliminating the need to manually recreate each component. The ability to duplicate components allows you to work faster and more efficiently, enabling you to create automation rules with less time. When a component is duplicated, it keeps the configuration of the original component, reducing the need for manual editing and the chance of errors.

You can find the “Duplicate” icon within each component and the rule summary.

Gif1.gif

Gif2.gif

With the Duplicate feature, you can easily create complex automation rules with many similar components. By reducing the time and effort required to create each component, you can focus on creating more streamlined and efficient workflows.

Your Feedback Matters!

Thank you for your feedback and ongoing support in helping us make our products even better! We are continuing to invest in making Atlassian Automation more powerful and easier to use.

We really value your feedback and would love to hear from you on how we can improve. Please leave a comment below, or chat with the Automation team here: https://calendly.com/cgavey/automation-feedback

7 comments

Sami Shaik March 29, 2023

Great, thanks for rolling out this feature.

Rollout to only cloud Automation? Or is this applicable to server/DC even an add-on?

Like • # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

A very welcome feature update. Thanks for sharing this @Michael Fedulov

Like • Michael Fedulov likes this
Olexandr Tolochko March 31, 2023

Really cool feature. Thx!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Love it, thank you, this will help!

Michael Fedulov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Sami Shaikunfortunately we support this only for Cloud. 

Like • Sami Ahmed Shaik likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Thank you for implementing this suggested and valuable feature!  I hope the other product teams at Atlassian can learn from the work the automation and JPD teams are doing in terms of customer responsiveness and review/cleanup of the public suggestions backlog.

Like • # people like this
yang.gao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

That is a feature I have been longing for! But how come I don't see the "Copy" Icon? Is it restricted to certain JIRA version?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events