Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self-hosted to cloud migration

Rashi Jain October 14, 2020

Hi, I have a self-hosted licence of Jira and now I want to transfer to cloud! How can I do that? Any Idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Rashi Jain ,

Welcome to the community!

Jira and Confluence licenses

For existing server and Data Center customers looking to switch to cloud, your current self-hosted license and maintenance won't transfer to cloud. These are two separate licenses and are paid for separately. 

However, we do offer extended cloud trials that provide a free cloud site for your remaining self-hosted maintenance period (or minimum 60 days, whichever is longer). These trials are designed to help you transition to cloud at no extra cost, and without having to transfer your existing license(s). Learn more abut free trials for customers moving to cloud.

App licenses

Existing self-hosted app licenses also can't be transferred or credited to cloud. These are independent licenses and will need to be paid for separately. Auditing your apps and developing an app migration strategy are important parts of the decision for when and how you'll move from server to cloud.

For More Information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/transfer-your-self-hosted-license-to-cloud-979415720.html

Rashi Jain October 14, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal ,

Oh !! btw thanks for answering!

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
1 vote
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Hello !

It depends how big your instance is and how many users you have. If it's a really small instance, you can try and do it yourself by recreating what you have in one instance to the other.

However, if your instance is bigger you should probably consider consulting an Atlassian partner to guide you through your migration. You can find a list of the different partners on the following link :

https://www.atlassian.com/partners 

Let me know if it helped or not,

Guilhem

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events