Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

self-hosted to cloud migration

Hi, I have a self-hosted licence of Jira and now I want to transfer to cloud! How can I do that? Any Idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Rashi Jain ,

Welcome to the community!

Jira and Confluence licenses

For existing server and Data Center customers looking to switch to cloud, your current self-hosted license and maintenance won't transfer to cloud. These are two separate licenses and are paid for separately. 

However, we do offer extended cloud trials that provide a free cloud site for your remaining self-hosted maintenance period (or minimum 60 days, whichever is longer). These trials are designed to help you transition to cloud at no extra cost, and without having to transfer your existing license(s). Learn more abut free trials for customers moving to cloud.

App licenses

Existing self-hosted app licenses also can't be transferred or credited to cloud. These are independent licenses and will need to be paid for separately. Auditing your apps and developing an app migration strategy are important parts of the decision for when and how you'll move from server to cloud.

For More Information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/transfer-your-self-hosted-license-to-cloud-979415720.html

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal ,

Oh !! btw thanks for answering!

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
1 vote
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Oct 14, 2020

Hello !

It depends how big your instance is and how many users you have. If it's a really small instance, you can try and do it yourself by recreating what you have in one instance to the other.

However, if your instance is bigger you should probably consider consulting an Atlassian partner to guide you through your migration. You can find a list of the different partners on the following link :

https://www.atlassian.com/partners 

Let me know if it helped or not,

Guilhem

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events