Why did you decide to migrate & what has surprised you most?

Elizabeth Howden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Hi y'all! I'm Elizabeth and I'm a new Product Marketer at Atlassian focusing on Migrations. Since I'm planning on spending a lot of time in this group, I wanted to introduce myself. 

The three most important things you should know about me:

1) I'm based in Austin (did you catch that y'all?)

2) I start every morning with a breakfast taco 

3) When I'm not trying to learn all things cloud migrations (this is month 2 at Atlassian!), I'm usually on the Hike & Bike Trail or spending time with my nieces and nephews. 

I'm excited to spend more time within Community learning & engaging virtually with all of you. We're always trying to learn more about migrators and understand how we can help support your migration. So to kick things off, I have a question: 

Why did you decide to migrate & what has surprised you most about the process? 

2 comments

Comment

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi Elizabeth!

I had to look up what a breakfast taco looks like. Apparently it's not just a taco with chocolate spread.

I performed several server to cloud migrations for our customers recently and I'm still working on another one.
Every single company was triggered to move to Atlassian Cloud after Atlassian's announcement to end the server products. That's without any doubt what Atlassian wanted to achieve, no surprises their I think :-)

But on the positive note: I'm convinced that they will all benefit from the SaaS solution: getting more new features and leaving their infrastructure costs and management behind.

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 29, 2021

Being fairly new to migration I have been seriously impressed with the migration assistant. Nice job guys!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events