Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which components/data points cannot be migrated from Jira Data Center to Jira Cloud?

NAYANA February 8, 2023

Are the following migrated when moving from DC to Jira Cloud?

starred/favorited dashboards and filters

Profile settings 

Profile picture

roles and groups

schemes - permissions, notifications, workflow, issue screen etc,

2 comments

Comment

Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

As far as I know, in general at the time of writing (subject to change):

• Dashboards - by default dashboards are NOT migrated. But dark features are available to do this - contact Atlassian support.
  • Shared Filters are not migrated by default either - again dark features are available to do this - contact Atlassian support.
  • This means that your Starred/favorite dashboard/filters are NOT migrated. Each user will need to re-star their dashboards and filters.
  • Profile settings & picture/avatar - No these are not migrated.
  • Roles & Groups - they can be - but it depends on your specific setup. See the documentation.
  • Schemes
    • Permissions - Yes, but I found they needed manual modification
    • Notifications - No.
    • Workflows - Partially migrated (properties and triggers are not). If you are using any apps/extensions for workflows you will will probably need to re-implement these manually post migration (this was the case for us).
    • Issue screens/schemes - Yes. But the new view works very differently, so you will probably need manual changes post-migration.

The documentation has more details:

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/what-gets-migrated-with-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant/ 

I strongly recommend you contact Atlassian support - they can provide more specific advice for your situation than the documentation.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

@NAYANA I agree with the response from @Dwight Holman ! 

It perfectly covers all the Jira configuration items for which you want to know about the possibility of migration from Jira DC/Server to Jira Cloud.

The document shared also provides you with more details on what gets migrated and what not, using Jira Cloud Migration Assistant for migrating your projects, their configuration and data from Jira DC/Server to Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events