What are the costs in the planning phase of the migration?

Tobias September 13, 2021

Hello all,

I am currently planning the migration of our internal applications confluence and jira. I was wondering when I will have to start paying for the licenses.
We are currently planning the costs for the next year and for this I need to know if and when I have to pay for the licenses or from how the switch is generally planned.
In 2022 we are busy with the changeover and Migration, here it would be interesting to know if we already have to budget for this, since we want to use the application only from 2023.

Surely someone here has already been through the process and can give me information on this.

Thank you very much.
Best regards

3 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Tobias welcome to the Atlassian community.

I would request you to check this FAQ's about purchase-licensing to get a complete view and support options.

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Hi @Tobias 👋 

I agree with @G subramanyam the FAQ section on Purchasing & Licensing is the perfect place to start 😃

Like Sri Kumar likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

The FAQ that has been mentioned in other answers is indeed interesting.

But I'd like to pinpoint 1 item from it: Free cloud migration trials
You can use Confluence/ Jira cloud for free until your server license expires and this with a maximum of 12 months. Note: this is not the case for apps. Cloud apps can be trialed for 30 days.
So if you want to use the free cloud migration trial for more than a month you will have to purchase apps after the first month.

I hope this helps!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events