Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades before Migration

Francisco D March 4, 2022

Migration to Jira Cloud  a Jira (6.4, I's licenced) with 5 market apps is the goal.
Thinking around  upgrade server to a version I see  at comunity and Atlassian's guides : 
I need  test enviroments and i have to foloow this path  (cause link is old I guess it will be better   finish it  at 8.6)

I have 2 Questions

First one
¿Do I need  to pay any licenses for each step to the path? I understood not for Jira (Right?) but what about market apps?

Second one
Have I  to disable  or uninstall the app in this steps of upgrading or  what each support says?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2022

Hey @Francisco D  Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

If you are having Jira software license and apps license under active maintenance then there is no need pay for license. Since you are doing migration to cloud. The minimum version would your server needs to be is 7.6.x.

And in between each migration step you have to upgrade the plugins too. As best practice you can disable the plugins before you upgrade Jira. After upgrade enable them back and upgrade to stable version. In case if the plugin in 6.x version was free and in 7.x version if it is paid try to get the trail license and add there.

Once you get there you can install Atlassian Jira Cloud Migration Assistant App and migrate.

Francisco D March 4, 2022

Thanks Vishwas.
I am planning all still.  As you can read at path Link Petr Vaníček and Nic Brough _Adaptavist_  did advice to make upgrade to 7.13 and even more community say if it's  8 it will be better.
It is a light migration (no more of 150 proyects , less, 200 users , 5 markets app but there's a lot of work with they , several  customizacions and many sharing elements).
So , I want to minimize the chances of any problem.

Yes , sure 6.4 is licenced. About Atlassian support, I am not at all -I cannot see with my eyes but,  they have any support plan with Atlassian, obviusly  - or i would have done the minumum at least-.  
And Yes the goal is going on to work at Jira Software Cloud Standar in nearest months all users.
Where I get all Jira versions for track the pack ¿Support?

Yes  i think market apps  will be a strong headache. I haven't  contacted to its support yet but,  Your advice calmes to me.

Thanks a lot an i hope  to have more answers yours.

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2022

Yes @Francisco D 

Minimum is 7.6.x but as recommended by experts upgrade to 7.13 or 8.

Understood !! Good luck with upgrade and migration

Like Francisco D likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events