Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Project Issues from server to cloud

Salim Richa January 30, 2023

Hello Community, 

Anyone Tried to update his project on the cloud, by updating the additional issue from server to cloud.

Case Scenario:

I am using a JSM project on the server, while I migrated the same project to the cloud 2 weeks ago. Now I have additional server issues that don't exist on the cloud.

Is there a way where I can add these additional issues separately to the existing project on the cloud?

Appreciate any help,

Thank you

7 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2023

Hi @Salim Richa 

I endorse @Viktor Zech [Decadis AG] and @Martin Hilbig [team neusta] suggestions. For your use case, CSV import is the way to go.

Good luck!

Alex

Thank you for the advice!

3 votes
Answer accepted
Viktor Zech [Decadis AG] January 30, 2023

Hi @Salim Richa,

You can export your issues to a .csv file and then use the Jira CSV File Import on Cloud to import the missing issues.

Best regards,
Viktor

It's working.

Thank you

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Hilbig [team neusta] January 30, 2023

its been a while since I imported individual issues but CSV import should still work: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

It Worked.

Thank you,

1 vote
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2023

@Salim Richa hi! I see you have a lot of options to try. I'll just add another one, in case you're open to exploration still. ZigiOps is an integration solution that can be used for migrations, too. No limitations to the data migrated between the systems, it all happens fast and none of your data is saved. Feel free to check it out. 

Regards, Diana

0 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2023

An import/export would be the way to go here as long as this is a one off operation. If, however, you would like to keep these issues in sync, then you would need to look into an app such as Exalate to achieve this. 

Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help!

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2023

Hi @Salim Richa, thanks for the question. This is Umer from K15t, Product Marketing Manager for the Backbone Issue Sync for Jira app.

As mentioned earlier by others, if it is a one-off scenario where you have created additional Jira issues on the Server after migrating the instance to the Cloud, then a simple CSV import should work. 

However, if you intend to keep working on the server instance and create/edit/delete Jira issues while keeping the migrated Cloud instance up-to-date, Backbone Issue Sync for Jira could be a perfect solution! 

You can use Backbone to connect the Cloud and Server instance and therefore automatically keep all issues in sync and updated in real-time while you work on either instance. 

All issue types, custom fields, and workflows can be synced across instances. In addition, you will find a link to the migrated Jira issue on Cloud on all server issues, making it easier to navigate between the two instances.

Check out our landing page for more info on Jira issue sync capabilities of Backbone. You can also learn more about using Backbone for incident-free Cloud migration on our latest blog, or simply schedule a demo with us so we can show you around the app and answer your questions.

Salim Richa February 5, 2023

Hi Umer, can you please provide me with more details? 

My interest is in moving additional issues from the server to an existing project in the cloud, including all fields: comments, and attachments.

Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
February 6, 2023

Hi @Salim Richa

Yes, you can move all Jira issues, including all fields, custom fields, comments, and attachments from the server to an existing project in the cloud using Backbone. The benefit of using Backbone vs. a CSV import is that the move doesn't have to be a one-off thing, and the Jira issues can remain updated. 

So, for example, consider you copy a Jira issue from the server to the cloud instance using Backbone. Any changes you make to the issue on the server, even after the migration, will automatically be reflected on the Cloud instance in real-time as long as the Backbone's connection is enabled. 

Please let me know if you need more information. Or simply schedule a free demo with us so we can discuss your use case in detail, show you all the functionalities of Backbone Issue Sync for Jira, and answer your questions. 

0 votes
Dan Schaefer January 30, 2023

If you need the updates to take place automatically, you can use something like Celigo to keep the two entities in sync. But if this is just a short-term situation, the Celigo option is probably too expensive.

Should I install it on both sides? 

Is there any tutorial? I could try it as well.

Thank you 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events