The quickest migration to cloud you can imagine

As an Atlassian Consultant I was asked by one company to migrate their Confluence from server to cloud. The Confluence was hosted by one of the Atlassian partners and the company had to pay for the infrastructure and also for the upgrades from time to time.

The company didn't have any special requirements for the functionality or integrations, they just needed a space, where they can collaborate with their partner on the software documentation.

I had analyzed their Confluence I found out there are no additional apps, user macros, blueprints or templates. Only one smaller space with a few attachments. The Confluence itself was quite new and used by less then 10 users.

I called the company representative and helped him create their new free cloud site. Based on the smooth experience with the creation and information from me he had decided to try to migrate immediately, so he added me as an admin of the site and I used Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate their data.

After a short test he invited the rest of the users and let them know, they will continue their work on the cloud site.

What I like the most about it is the company doesn't have to to pay for the Confluence anymore (they are still on a Free plan) and we were able to migrate the company to cloud in less then two hours.

After some time they purchased Jira with Standard plan and nowadays they use both products together.

Don't get me wrong - I know these kind of changes needs a lot of planning and preparations and communication. But in this case we've decided just go for it, because I've used CCMA in the past and I was confident we can make it...

4 comments

Comment

Ramona Scripcaru
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Thank you for sharing this, @Hana Kučerová ! 

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 11, 2021

+1 ! Love this article. 

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Jacob Wisner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová! Thanks for being willing to share your experience for other Community members to see and learn from! Wanted to make sure you were aware the Atlassian Work Life blog published an article today featuring you and your story: "Here’s what you should know about Cloud migration, according to those who’ve been there."  

Thanks again, and if you end up sharing the blog on social, tag us and let us know!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2021

Thanks a lot @Jacob Wisner , that's fantastic!!!

giphy-downsized.gif_cid=ecf05e47pd1x24a2q1ln02198sqc35xhegcqb2lky3uvq57r&rid=giphy-downsized

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events