Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription clean up prior to migration

Michelle Gronwold June 14, 2023

I have employees that have set up several filter subscriptions. I have two questions about filter subscriptions:

1. Are subscriptions to filters included in the migration?

2. Is there a way I can clean up subscriptions as an administrator? I have a few subscriptions where the author/owner is no longer an employee. I do not see a way that a system administrator can change or delete the subscription.

We are on Jira v9.4.5

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2023

Hi @Michelle Gronwold -

#1 (Edited - I found the answer in an link I missed earlier): No.

For #2, I'm reading that admins should be able to delete private filters and subscriptions:

Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2023

I can confirm - having done this myself. You should:

• (Before you migrate) Remove filters saved by past employees.
  • (If you intend to leave your old Jira Server running after migration) Turn off the filter subscriptions on Jira Server.
  • Document the re-creation of filter subscriptions in your migration run plan.

NOTE: there is no way to update issues during migration (e.g. using the REST API) without modifying the "Updated" date field. See JRACLOUD-38572

This means that if you use the REST API to update issue fields (after JCMA), then any filters based on time since last updated will give misleading results after your Cloud migration.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events