Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL query to get properties of workflows

William van Dalen February 21, 2022

Hi,

In a few months we would like to migrate to JIRA Cloud. Because some things are not migrated with the MigrationAssistent, therefore i'd like to have an query for the MSSQL DB so i can get a list of the properties and triggers of statuses from each workflow that's existing in our JIRA Server instance.

Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, William

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krista Stellar February 21, 2022

I suggest you take a look at the Adaptavist server app Microscope. It has a 30 free trial and it’s only $10. This app runs an audit of your workflows and provides a CSV with really useful information about the logic in your workflows and the related app used to create the logic (if applicable).

This tool is now a standard part of our Pre Migration Health Check service we offer as it gives really good information for assessing and planning a migration. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

Select * from jiraworkflow

is the SQL you need.   You'll then have to parse the xml for each workflow.

However, I wouldn't bother.  A raw look at a workflow property doesn't actually tell you a lot without the context in which it is being used.

What you need to be doing is looking at the whole workflow, documenting what it does, and then looking at how you can do what it does on Cloud.  The migration assistant drops some stuff on migration because it's done in a different way in Cloud (or even can't be done)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2022

I have to respectfully disagree.  When you have dozens of workflows with many unique transitions, manually opening each to find opsbar-sequence is not fun.

Like Gita Meskauskas likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

That's the only way you can edit them too -

A flat list of them, out of the context of their usage is not going to help you with doing anything.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

I disagree.  It's a lot easier to export and search on opsbar-sequence than having to go through so many clicks, and waiting for load, and having to go back to the workflow, and then having to scroll back to where you left off.

It would be even easier if the JCMA migrated properties.

workflowexportexample.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events