Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding free Cloud migration trial duration and cloud migration of server products

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Hello,

This is regarding Atlassian cloud migration trial ( free Cloud migration trial ) and migration to cloud

We have Jira Software (Server) and Confluence (Server)  licenses that ends in August 2022 

We expect to migrate to cloud in due course and We plan to start a trial soon so we may test drive and evaluate the cloud versions

Atlassian has mentioned the duration of trial to be "the duration of Server  or Data Centre subscription (for up to 12 months)" – so I expect that if we begin the trial now , it will end when the Server license ends ( as mentioned it ends in August 2022 ) 

We however expect to renew our server licenses in Aug 2022  as we might be in midst of our final release sprints in August and we might want to move a few months later 

SO a couple of questions

1) Is it advisible that we avail the free Cloud migration trial  now ? Would that trial be extended when we renew our server license ?

2) If we migrate to cloud in between our renewal cycle - would atlassian adjust server license cost   pro-rated into the cost for cloud ?

Your comments welcome 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

I received following responses from  Atlassian support ( I am posting here since they are generic in nature and might help anyone contemplating a free cloud migration trial ) 

Question1:  Can we avail a trial now ( halfway through the duration of server license)  ; and can that trial be extended when we renew our server license.

Atalssian response:  You can definitely start your cloud migration trial now, but your cloud migration trial will match the server licenses' current expiry date and, No, it cannot be extended after a server license renewal.

Question 2:  If we migrate to cloud in between our renewal cycle - can the server license cost be adjusted pro-rated into the cost for cloud .

Atalssian response:  No, we cannot do this. After your cloud migration trial ends, you will need to pay for the cloud subscription and server renewal separately. I would recommend that you complete the migration before the cloud migration trial ends and your server licenses expire.

1 vote
Sagi Gueta December 20, 2021

Firstly i really recommend you to follow this article: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Cloud-Migration-Demo-Q-amp-A-Follow-up-Part-1-Pre-migration/ba-p/1636590

For your questions here I don't have an answer unfortunately, I'll follow up :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events