Print or export a list of users with On-demand

Jon Brooks May 5, 2014

I'm a Project Mgr, not a programmer. so can anyone provide step-by-step instructions for printing or exporting a list of users along with assigned groups and licenses? I've read various KB and other entries listing macros or SQL queries but no step by step info. I've spent way more time than I wanted on what should be a push button exercise. Thanks for any help.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

There isn't an easy way to do this - as an admin, you need to log in to the user management section and have a look at the lists.

It's really not as simple as "user X is using a licence" because you have flexibility on what you can set up. The baseline rule is that "if they can log in, they are using a licence". But your admins can always log in, and you can assign many groups that right, so you need to look at that first. And you can use different groups in different applications.

So, the "step by step guide" is, I'm afraid, look each application to see what groups "can use" the applicaiton, then plough through user management to list them out.

Jon Brooks May 5, 2014

Ok. then how about just printing or exporting the list as it displays on screen? while I'm at it, how about adding sortable columns?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

There's nothing really there for tham. You could simply copy and paste the screen to get the list, but it's a bit clunky in my opinion.

The user management in OnDemand recently took quite a hit - it was quite informative, but it was re-designed and a lot of facilities vanished. Things are being added to it to improve it, but I don't think sortable columns are there yet.

Jon Brooks May 5, 2014

ok. thanks for getting back to me. would be a nice feature.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events