Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial migration from confluence server to cloud

Mike September 10, 2018

We were looking at a phased migration of Confluence Server to Confluence cloud.  In other words, export the entire space, 2-3 teams begin working in cloud, then at a later time export again without modifying selected pages in Confluence.

I don't think this is possible but wanted to hear what the community has to say.

Without some major editing of the xml export file, I can't imagine how to avoid writing over changes made to the pages for teams that have already begun working in the cloud.

Is there some add on anyone is familiar with that performs this function?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Byron Walker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2018

Hi Michael,

My name is Byron, I work on the team that manages the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence plugin.

This plugin provides a much simpler way to migrate spaces from server to cloud, and I thought it may be of interest to you.

Have a look at the marketplace listing - this might be able to help you out with future migrations.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219672/cloud-migration-assistant-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Cheers,

Byron

0 votes
Sander Brienen [Avisi]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi Michael,

You are quit right. This cannot be done. The only reliable way of migrating content is by using a space export and space import, which imports an entire space.

There may be work arounds but my advice would be to do a test migration first. Test a bit and then do the migration all over again. That way you make sure you have a tested and proven method to migrate to cloud.

Mike September 18, 2018

Thanks for the response.

My hack around this is to do a full space export/import to Temp space.  Groups A, B, and C begin work here in the cloud.

At a later date, do a full space export/import the remaining teams to the Final Space and move pages and their sub directories to this new space.  Seems to work just fine.

Sander Brienen [Avisi]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

That should indeed work as well! Good luck.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events