Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer can access attachments when migrating to JIRA Cloud from JIRA server

Eugen Leitl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2019

Previous environment (upgraded JIRA nonproduction DB Atlassian Jira Project Management Software (v7.13.8#713008-sha1:1606a5c, Windows)), imported attachments as zipped data/attachments, Firefox 69.0.1 bit): 

works fine:

http://localhost:8080/secure/attachment/16702/catalogslist-popover.PNG

New environment (JIRA Atlassian cloud, Firefox 69.0.1 64 bit):

"Ouch! We can't load the image. /secure/attachment/16702/catalogslist-popover.PNG"

When attempting to access the URI directly (ditto Firefox):

http://oururl.atlassian.net/secure/attachment/16702/catalogslist-popover.PNG

"The image cannot be displayed because it contains errors"

There are several such issues reported on Atlassian Community, but none quite fits.

Would love to get this solved, as our devs need a working JIRA in order to continue. Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Hello Eugen,

Thanks for reaching out to Community for your errors after migration from Server to Cloud. While looking further into your issues we found you created a support request for this. We agree that this was the most appropriate path and would suggest you continue to work with support to have your issue addressed.

We do ask that once you have a resolution to the issue to share with the rest of the Community so others may learn from your migration issues.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Eugen Leitl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2019

Hi Stephen -- my support ticket was promptly resolved by Atlassian support via submitting my attachment archive, which required a scripted renaming of the entire file tree in order to be importable (all done by support).

For whatever reason my (following the documented steps) upgrade path from a very old JIRA instance did not pick up that problem and fixed it automatically.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events