Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from on-prem to the cloud

Ellis McMahon May 17, 2021

Good Morning, 

We are planning to move to the Atlassian cloud solution. One question I have is currently we can manage the releases of updates as is required within our change management framework. For context we have to document any changes to our environment to be FDA approved. 

When we move to the cloud solution we recognise that updates will be pushed out to us instead of us pushing the updates. 

My question is really, how can we still manage updates and releases to fit in with our compliance requirements?

Thanks,

Ellis 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Ellis McMahon ,

For more control over updates and releases, Premium cloud plans currently offer a feature called "Release tracks" which allow you to review, test, and bundle your updates 2 weeks ahead of time (vs. continuous releases).

However, I did a bit of digging and found this advice from another community member:

You can make a SaaS application part of your FDA regulated suite of applications, but you will require certain documentation such as contingency plans, local backup, and acceptance from a company compliance officer.

It's my recommendation to consult with a company that specializes in FDA medical/pharmaceutical regulation in order to determine what is required.

It sounds like to meet your compliance needs, you may just need to clearly document and employ contingency plans, including Atlassian cloud backups. I also found this article from 2017 which might be helpful.

Best,

Miles

Ellis McMahon May 18, 2021

Thank you Mike that answer was really helpful. 

Kind Regards,

Ellis

Sorry Mike one question, The Atlassian cloud backup link provided specifies Jira Cloud. Can the same scripts be run for Confluence or are there modified scripts for Confluence cloud?

Thanks,

Ellis 

Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Ellis McMahon , see below:

I also found this article on automating your site backups. Hope this helps!

Like Ellis McMahon likes this

Thank you Miles!

Kind Regards,

Ellis 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events