Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration fails using JCMA due to Cascading Custom Field with different Context

Kasturee March 3, 2022

We were attempting a migration of 4 Jira Projects from Jira Server to Cloud to our sand-box environment using JCMA.  The migration was failing on JCMA on one of the Jira Projects due to there being a different context set for that project on a cascading custom field. The 3 Jira Projects migrated successfully and only the one project with the different context set had failed.

Is anyone aware of there being any limitations on JCMA regarding different contexts set for custom fields and what is the workaround for a successful migration?

JCMA V1.6.8

Example of Error Message: "customfield_10207: Specify a valid option 'id' for Risk Category. This caused 3 other items to fail."

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Majo Francis March 29, 2022

Hi @Kasturee 

I doubt if it was the field context which caused it..

Do you see any disabled option with the option name such as 'XYZ'  for the 'Risk Category' field ??

You should see the option name in the beginning of your error log.

"[XYZ] customfield_10207: Specify a valid option 'id' for Risk Category. This caused 3 other items to fail."

While I am not sure about the recommended solution, I feel we should temporarily enable the disabled options before migration.. Probably a limitation of JCMA.

Kasturee April 8, 2022

Hi Majo. I checked the error logs and there is no option name/id in the error message

Majo Francis April 10, 2022

It might be a different error from what I have faced..

Atlassian should be able to help you via a Support ticket

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

@Kasturee how was this resolved? What was the root cause?

Kasturee May 24, 2022

Hi Rob. I tested migrating a different Jira Project with a different context set on a custom field and that worked perfectly. Also had disabled options on the custom field and it still worked. So, the issue was not context or disabled options related. Unfortunately, I do not know why that particular custom field with a different context caused an error.

We are going to do a full migration on our sandbox environment soon so want to see if error re-occurs and what other issues pop-up.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events