Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from between 2 instances of Jira cloud

jenjohns February 9, 2022

Hello,

We are migrating from a Jira cloud instance that currently sits with our external vendor to our company's Jira instance. I wanted to ask if anyone else has been part of a Jira cloud migration and what are the things the team should consider? We are working with our company's Jira admin and the external vendor's product owner of their Jira instance to plan for this migration work. Should I submit this as a technical support ticket? TIA

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hi @jenjohns ,

You can always engage a Atlassian solution partner if you need more hands-on support. A solution partner caters to your organization’s specific migration needs, from planning guidance to running the full migration end-to-end.

Kind Regards
Utkarsh

jenjohns February 10, 2022

Thank you, Utkarsh, so nice to see all these helpful resources! 

Krista Stellar February 10, 2022

Hi @jenjohns - we are an Atlassian solution partner that recently helped a client with their cloud to cloud migration. They were in a situation where one of their teams (and a whole set of projects) were splitting off to become part of a different organization. Essentially they needed to migrate a portion of their projects from one cloud instance to another, belonging to a different organization. One challenge we faced (and overcame) was mapping the users between these different organizations (and domains) - we were successful and there was no loss of user information or history.

We understand that everyone's situation can be different and we are able to work with the tools provided by Atlassian and tailor them for your unique migration. We also hear you that administering Jira and executing a migration is not your main focus! That's where the solution partners come in: to provide expertise and capacity when it all seems too much to handle on your own.

Please contact us if you would like to know more about how we might be able to help you with your migration.

Highway Three Solutions - Contact Us

Like # people like this

Hi @Krista Stellar would like to learn more about this support and the details involved. Can we set up a call? My direct email is: jenjohns@redhat.com 

Thank you 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hi @jenjohns

NAGARRO is a Platinum Solution partner with Atlassian and a global Amazon Consulting Partner. Our expertise in Cloud platforms, migrations, and implementation and support of Atlassian products can help you get customized solutions that work the best for you!

To know more, reach out to us 

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

The more the merrier :)

Like jenjohns likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_ when I emailed I got an error message back stating that my email is not accepted. 

• If you're a member of the group, you might be registered with an email address other than jenjohns@redhat.com. Resend your message using the email address where you received a welcome message from the group.
  • Ask the group owner to add jenjohns@redhat.com as a group member. If you don't know who the group owner is, contact the organization's customer service department for assistance.
  • Ask the group owner to allow people outside their organization to send email to the group.
0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2022

Hi @jenjohns 

Definitely raise a MOVE ticket with support.atlassian.com.

Select the options for cloud-cloud migration. Then you will get access to their migration assistance managers. 
They are great at guiding you through the process.

Thank you for that tip, Tom, need all the guidance I can gather as I am not a product owner by day. :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events