Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating bulk Issues from source system to Datacenter through RestAPI, I am new to this process

mahesh mekala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2022

We are trying to Migrate Bulk Issues from source system to Jira Data center 8.2010 through RestAPI.

Need detail process about migration which technology we can use weather  that Python or any others how we can link data center with RESTAPI, and how to map Jira custom fields to source file field.

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2022

Hello @mahesh mekala 

I don't mean to be rude, but if you have to ask "How do I do it", then you probably shouldn't be doing it. Your questions is as broad as asking "I need a process to make a car. What are the best metals to use and how is the electrical system joined?"

A basic Google search will find literally thousands of articles on how to interact with Jira's REST API using all manner of programming languages, with examples. Read the articles, become comfortable with the technology and methods, do testing with a sandbox instance, then do a phased migration onto your live system.

Good luck on your learning journey

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events