Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Jira Software from one free organization to another with Centralized User Management enabled

Kushan Senanayaka July 17, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate our free 5 member Jira organization projects to another due to a rebranding. According to this, Transfer all products to another organization | Atlassian Support, I cannot migrate due to Centralized User Management, and I have to contact support. But support is unavailable to me due to being on the free plan. How to proceed with this?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2023

Did you consider starting a trial for the period of migration? You should be able to get support then.

Kushan Senanayaka July 17, 2023

Hi, thanks a lot for the response. I have not considered that as an option. I will try it out and give an update.

Like John Funk likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

This is exactly what I do.

Like # people like this
Kushan Senanayaka July 19, 2023

I contacted support by doing this, and after the discussion, I came to the conclusion that exporting and importing a CSV is the best solution for me. However, there are a lot of inconsistencies when doing this. For example, Sprints won't be saved, and you have to manually create new sprints in the new project, import the issues, manually assign issues, mark one issue as in progress, mark the completed sprints as completed again(as they can't be marked as completed without any uncompleted issue). This is a tedious process.
One other thing is stories won't be saved with the epics as parents, as Jira consider stories are not a type of "sub-task", so you have to update them manually. This is a lot of manual work, however, I found no other good solution. Hope this helps someone else.

Like Kalin U likes this
0 votes
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ July 18, 2023

Hello @Kushan Senanayaka 

To migrate your Jira organization projects to another one, you can try Gitprotect.io, a backup & DR solution for Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Jira Work Management. Using this backup software you can easily backup your first organization data and restore it to another account. 

You can try it for free and test it (free trial or free account with up to 10 users). Here's GitProtect on Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228719/gitprotect-io-backups-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Hope, my advice was useful,

Have a nice day,

Kushan Senanayaka July 18, 2023

Hi thanks for the response. I tried this, however the API key adding part is a bit confusing due to the labels and/or password manager features.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events