Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Confluence Migration

Brian Golden September 1, 2023

Been asked by my leadership to take point on our cloud migration. I have some outstanding questions from my leadership that I'm having difficulty finding answers on.  Maybe you all can help me out

Current outstanding questions:
-Can we migrate data from a subset of projects or spaces?
-Does the migration keep the existing Jira card number, e.g., IRP-31?
-Ability for links within Confluence and Jira to function as expected after migration, e.g., links to Jira, links to Confluence, links to external Google docs?
-Can backlog items be flagged to not get migrated?
-Does Easy Agile add-on data migrate to the Cloud?

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2023

@Brian Golden

Let me see if I can answer these questions for you.

1. Can we migrate data from a subset of projects or spaces? - Yes. both Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA) and Jira Cloud Migration Assistant (JCMA) allow you to migrate subsets of your projects/spaces.
  2. Does the migration keep the existing Jira card number, e.g., IRP-31? - Yes, JCMA will do that.
  3. Ability for links within Confluence and Jira to function as expected after migration, e.g., links to Jira, links to Confluence, links to external Google docs? - You will need to contact Atlassian to help repair links post migration, but if you do that they will work.
  4. Can backlog items be flagged to not get migrated? - No. If you want items to not migrate you need to remove them from the system.
  5. According to the Easy Agile documentation you can migrate the information as long as you are version 4.4.0 or greater.
0 votes
Vijayraj Amin February 7, 2024

Hi Brian,

We can help you with professional tech service for your migration project.

Kindly write back on vijayraj.amin@maiora.co 

0 votes
abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2023

Hi @Brian Golden - I would recommend you to be in touch with a solution partner to help you with a smooth migration to cloud. You will also get detailed and contextual responses to your queries.

BR

Abhishek

0 votes
Henri Seymour {Easy Agile}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2023

Hi Brian, 

I can confirm that the latest versions of the following Easy Agile apps will migrate with JCMA: 

Henri Seymour, Support Engineer @ Easy Agile

0 votes
John Dunkelberg September 5, 2023

@Brian Golden , somewhat uncertain on answers, but these are some of the same questions we're looking at as well in weighing a potential future migration. My understanding (which I'd love to hear from others if I'm wrong on) goes like this:

1) Subset migration. There's an answer on this I see already posted, but you should consider carefully what problem you're trying to solve here.  Are you intending to have a transitionary period where your company is split on DC and Cloud?

2 & 3) On the "problem you're trying to solve" I'm guessing you're thinking of continuity support for incoming links.  From our discussions with Atlassian (which I hear second hand at this point) it sounds like Atlassian can provide a mapping of old to new.  Our theory right now is that we can make the redirect facility to provide that continuity, but my understanding is that this is from our IT group, not Atlassian-provided.  You may want to check in on your local resourcing.

4) I get the impression that the idea is that if you don't want to migrate something, then clean it up ahead of migration.  That would be deletion in this case, as you might have read about the problems Atlassian currently has with migrating Archived items.

5) Talk to the add-on vendor.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events