Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Server LDAP directory to Atlassian Access & Azure AD

Baybars Kumbasar September 3, 2021

I'm testing Jira Server -> Cloud migration. My JIRA server instance is using LDAP to sync users with on-premises AD. When trying to migrate to the cloud using site import, I get the following message: 

My local AD domain also syncs with Azure AD & the end result I want to get is to use Atlassian Access to sync the users from Azure AD. 

Is there any way to get user synchronization from Azure AD done without going through the conversion of my external directories to internal ones first? 

1 comment

Comment

Ramona Scripcaru
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

hello @Baybars Kumbasar ! In this case, you opt-in for a hybrid approach as follows:

1. You can migrate users and groups first using Jira Cloud Migration Assistant that will migrate both external and interval users 
  2. Followed by data migration using Jira Site import and selecting the option I have migrated users using Jira site import!

Let me know how that goes for you!

Cheers.

Ramona

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

@Ramona Scripcaru , Thanks for sharing the solution details here.

Baybars Kumbasar September 7, 2021

Thanks @Ramona Scripcaru 

Baybars Kumbasar September 8, 2021

I have successfully migrated users and groups using CLoud Migration Assistant and all the users I have are on Jira Cloud. I still get the exact same error message. Any tips? 

Capture2.PNG

Note: I've refreshed the backup file too, not sure why it's showing that warning. 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Thank @Ramona Scripcaru For the Solution

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events