Jira Migration Assistant - Couldn't import workflow: Screen 1

BTB-Helpdesk March 17, 2021

Hello,

we want to migrate our projects and users to the cloud, from a Jira Server 8.5.4.

Some projects are migrated but projects with more complex Workflow schemas can not be migrated with the following error message:

ERROR zyx project-import We couldn't import Workflow 'xyz Workflow' because of 1 missing dependencies: Screen 1. Check the reasons for the missing dependencies on your server site.

Unfortunately I could not yet establish a concrete connection from "Screen 1" to our Workflows, the Workflows have stored Sceens, but the analysis of which Screen is the problem Screen, I have not yet succeeded.

Attached is a similar error message, where in the Post Function the "Resolution" value had to be adjusted, unfortunately I could not find a "Screen" value in the Post Function, which has to be adjusted similarly.

( https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Jira-Migration-Assistant-Couldn-t-import-workflow-Resolution-1/qaq-p/1438000 )

Does anyone have an idea what triggers the error "Screen 1", also a comparison of what the Cloud Migration Tool can transfer and what not has not helped me unfortunately.

( https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/what-gets-migrated-with-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant/ )

2 comments

Comment

JayBe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Hello BTB-Helpdesk team! Thank you for reaching out to us through the Atlassian Community.

I'm afraid to say there is a number of possibilities why a Workflow can have one or more missing dependencies. Not only what have been described in here is necessarily the only solution. We would certainly need more details from you and from your On-Prem installation to understand what can be the cause for this issue.

In case you are having difficulties to figure out the reason by yourself, I strongly suggest creating a ticket with us. We can certainly help you doing a more in-depth investigation of this issue, as well to clarify to you any misunderstandings in our documentation.

In order to open a support request with us, please go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and choose Migration Support. Our team will be more than glad to assist you with your issues.

Cheers!

Jean Bondan
Atlassian Migration Team

Carlos Viscarra June 3, 2021

Hello. 

Did this issue get a resolution? I am getting a similar issue here. 

Any idea how to get around this? I already enabled the Dark Feature Flag but it still wont migrate. "com.atlassian.jira.migration.skip.invalid.workflow.rule.enabled"

2021-06-03 19:48:13.294 ERROR NLSS project-import We couldn't import Workflow '***COMPANY*** Software Simplified Workflow' because of 1 missing dependencies: Resolution -1. This caused 4937 other items to fail. Check the reasons for the missing dependencies on your server site.
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi Carlos,

as in your error the resolutions mentioned, maybe your workflow refers to a non-existent resolution. Could you check your workflow post-functions if they set a resolution and if that resolutions are all valid.

Carlos Viscarra June 4, 2021

Hello Bastian,

Here is a screen shot of the fields and the values. As shown here - the resolution is present and has a value of Done. You see the 3rd column is 'Resolution' and in this sorting the ones you can see are marked 'Done'.  I scrolled through all of these and looked for a resolution that is out of place but didn't see an anomaly.

How or where do we check post-functions?

Carlos

image (30).png

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hi Carlos, 

you have to check the workflow itself, the postfunctions etc, not the issues. So you need to go to workflow configuration (Cog -> Issues -> Workflows) and check every Transition.

You will need Jira Administrator Permission for this.

Carlos Viscarra June 15, 2021

Bastian,

You are correct. The workflow had a post-resolution step where users were able to reopen a closed issue or task. Then somehow the post-function started assigning a value of BLANK to the resolution which returned a -1. We change the workflow restart step to set Resolution to "None" which is a valid value from the drop down list. 

Thank you VERY much for your expertise!

Carlos

snag_2021-06-15_0023.pngsnag_2021-06-15_0024.pngsnag_2021-06-15_0025.png

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2021

Hi Carlos,

you are welcome. Gret to hear that.

Like Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events