Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCMA error about missing dependencies - need translation and assistance please

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

Assume a log file filled with lines like this one, anonymized of course.

2022-05-24 19:05:39.428 WARNING KEY project-import We couldn't import Issue Link 'Epic-Story Link' (from KEY-1234 to PRJ-5678) because of 1 missing dependencies: Issue PRJ-5678. Check the reasons for the missing dependencies on your server site.

Does this mean that the JCMA took its ball and went home because the PRJ project wasn't present?

If so:

• Does this mean that there is a requirement for some projects to be in place before others can be migrated?
  • If so, how do we know what those will be up front so that we can prepare?
  • What if these projects all have dependencies on each other?
  • Does this mean we cannot import projects that are linked to others that might be left behind as part of a cleanup?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Jordan Chitwood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2022

Hi Rob,

This information previously posted in the community might help - https://ja.confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/we-couldn-t-import-project-version-because-of-missing-dependencies-project-jcma-error-1101926685.html

Otherwise, I suggest opening a support ticket for additional assistance.

Cheers!

Jordan

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Hi @Jordan Chitwood ,

This is a Japanese page, and not part of the community.  It would be great if it were part of the standard documentation.

Being part of the Japanese documentation, it didn't come up in a standard search.

This is actually not the first time I found the Japanese documentation to be superior to the standard site.  Are you guys holding back?  :) 

In any case, that error is for fix versions.  Is there a generic document for this kind of error? 

This migration has a move ticket, and the errors were reported over a week ago, and there has been no response.

Jordan Chitwood
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan ,

Great feedback on the documentation. I do not have any additional documentation to add at the moment. I would suggest opening a Migration Support ticket for additional assistance.

Cheers!

Jordan 

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2022

Yeah... we just got a little bit of an answer on our move ticket after well over a week of silence. 

Based on the number of articles I've seen, I would guess there are many variations of this dependency error - enough so that it might be good to have a genericized KB about how to deal with them.  Just my $0.02 but it would be very stress relieving.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events