JCMA doesn't migrate issues of a project to Jira cloud

Gundeep Suri November 30, 2022

Hello Team

I am using JCMA version 1.7.5. I tried to migrate one project from server to cloud.

I can see project on cloud but there are no issues in the cloud project.

Could you please let me know the steps to migrate all issues from server to cloud?

I thought that with JCMA it will migrate complete project with all issues and dependencies to cloud. But it didn't happen.

Please let me know the correct process if I missed any step. Please see attached screenshots for the reference of my project on Jira server and on Jira cloud.

Thank you

Gundeep

6 comments

Comment

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Gundeep Suri

• What is the result of the migration?
  • What is the output of the Post-migration report?
  • What is the output of the error log?
Gundeep Suri November 30, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Thank you for your quick response.

Migration result was successful. There were no errors on the migration screen.

I have downloaded post migration report and it says as follows:

The Notification based on the event type "18" is not supported via migration(custom event issue). The value for this issue will not be migrated.

Summary post migration report shows 0 issues migrated.

Not sure how to attach screenshot here? Please let me know. I can share screenshots for better explanation. Hope that will help.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Gundeep

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi, in the comment field, click on the 'picture' icon to upload a screenshot.

Gundeep Suri December 1, 2022

s11.jpgs12.jpgssr-3.jpg

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Was this an import/migration into an existing Jira Cloud Site?

Do you have Browse Projects permission for this project in Cloud?

Also, I just tried to migrate this one project. I can't see any closed issues as well in Jira cloud.

Jira cloud shows no issues found. Please see above screenshots of Jira server having issues other screenshot is of Jira cloud having no issues were found message.

Can we migrate everything related to that project to cloud? Closed and open all issues.

Please advise.

Cheers

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

When performing a project migration, it will migrate ALL issues (in any state) with ALL fields including attachments. Looking at the post-migration report summary, there were 19 issues in the project (on Server), is that correct?

Yes.

No I created new Jira cloud site and then tried to migrate one project to start with and get understanding of Jira cloud features.

When I click on Issues tab, it is blank and no issue are there.

Hi,

Sorry by mistake, I attached other project's screenshots. My apologies.

Correct ones are as follows:

ss13.jpgss14.jpg

Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

@Gundeep SuriFrom the post-migration report you shared it looks like all 19 issues were migrated.

What you're experiencing looks like you don't have permissions to Browse the project which can happen as part of a migration if you have a different email associated with your permissions in server than what you have set up in cloud. This could also happen if you have role-based permissions but have not added your user in the cloud to the correct role.

Salim Richa December 1, 2022

Hello I am facing the same problem, no issues were migrated.

kpatel December 1, 2022

Following.

Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Gundeep Suri ,

I am Dhiren, one of the Pre-Sales Engineers working with Exalate.

Are you by any chance willing to explore 3rd Party Solutions for Migration?

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira (Cloud/Server/DC) and Jira (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable. Although Exalate is built as an integration solution but it can also be used for Migration purpose as well. 

You may refer to this doc for more info on what's supported with Exalate.

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks, Dhiren

Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

@Gundeep Suri hi. So sorry that you've encountered such issues. Have you thought about using a 3rd party tool to help you with the migration? If you're open to the idea of using one, check out ZigiOps. It will help migrate your projects (with all their corresponding data) from one instance to another. No additional coding is needed. There are also no limitations. Feel free to check it out and book a demo (it's free and non-binding) with our tech team to understand how we can help. 

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events