Introducing app vendor checks, a better way to detect migration issues

Lydia Buck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2023

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Lydia Buck, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on App Migrations Platform Team.

I’m excited to share the launch of app vendor checks. This feature extends the current pre-migration check functionality within the Confluence and Jira Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA and JCMA) tools. Based on our research, we know that 20% of app migrations fail due to common issues that could be surfaced before the migration. Therefore, with the help of Atlassian’s Marketplace Partners, we’ve designed a feature that can help to surface warnings and guidance on how to resolve potential errors before they cause an incomplete app migration.

This feature will provide you with app-specific guidance created by the Marketplace partner that will give you instructions on potential issues you may need to resolve prior to running an app migration. This in turn will allow you to have a more self-guided approach to your app migrations and ultimately reduce the time and energy spent reaching out to Marketplace partners for support. Additionally, by resolving app migration issues prior to actually migrating you will significantly reduce the chances of having to restart your entire migration, including Jira or Confluence migration, from the beginning due to an app migration issue.

This feature is currently live for Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant 3.4.3 and above, as well as Jira Cloud Migration Assistant 1.9.0. If app vendor checks aren't currently available on your favorite app make sure to reach out to the Marketplace partner and let them know about this feature. 

Please feel free to leave any feedback below and stay tuned for more features to improve app migration experience coming soon!

app-vendor-check-screen.png

3 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@Lydia Buck Thank you for sharing the information about the launch of this new app migration feature for Jira and Confluence. This is going to be really useful for avoiding incomplete or failed app migrations, and ultimately saving time and efforts spent in migrating apps using CCMA and JCMA.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Excited to test this out!

Tom Whittle May 9, 2023

I need to update my migration assistants :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events