Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we migrate users from on-prem LDAP to Jira Cloud using Access with AzureAD

Nate Cluett March 10, 2021

I'm getting more familiar with the cloud migration wizard to get our on-premise Jira Server into the cloud, however I'm struggling to understand the process to get our users into the cloud and keep issues etc properly linked to the correct accounts.  Is there specific documentation on this that I haven't found yet?

Step 1: convert Jira Server LDAP users to Internal Directory users.

Step 2: Migrate to the cloud (projects, issues, users... everything).

Step 3: Somehow change internal directory cloud users to Atlassian Access users with SSO to our AzureAD.

Am I on the right track?  Can anyone advice on this or share any successes?  Thanks.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Nate Cluett 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Please check the below document which discusses the user migration statergies.
https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/determine-your-user-migration-strategy/ 

-Sri

Nate Cluett March 17, 2021

Thanks for the reply Sri.  I have seen that page, however while it does help, what I am really hoping to hear is first-hand experience doing this process.  A wiki guide is one thing, but someone who has gone thru the process themselves probably has some good war stories to tell.  Anybody out there converted an on-prem LDAP synched directory to Atlassian Cloud Access?  Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events