Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do version upgrades work in Jira Cloud

I am currently on Jira Software Server plan and am interested in Cloud migration but I can't find documentation on how version upgrades will work in the Cloud.

Currently, we determine which version is the best next step by reviewing compatibility with Add Ons and integrations and then updating our test environment first so we can complete regression testing. If we move to the cloud, what is our involvement in upgrades and compatibility, regression testing, vs what is managed by Atlassian?

4 answers

Jira Cloud do not have versions, Atlassian is constantly rolling out new upgrades. You can see what is coming by checking out the Atlassian Cloud changes for each week.

If you are on the premium plan you have the option to manage what release track you want to be on. 

2 votes
SriKumar P Atlassian Team Mar 30, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Resendez ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community,

Q. I am currently on the Jira Software Server plan and am interested in Cloud migration but I can't find documentation on how version upgrades will work in the Cloud.

• There's no need to upgrade – you're always on the latest version. 
  • You'll have immediate access to new features, security updates, and more, without the need for any manual work.

Please refer to the below useful documents:

Let us know if you still have any queries.

-Sri

So that means no time outs?

The cloud version provides for the latest server version, you need to apply upgrades to the latest version of the jira server for your migration to the jira cloud

where did you get this information that one needs "the latest version of the jira server" for migrating to jira cloud?

afaik, that is not true. Jira & Confluence Migration Assistants explicitly mention the minimum required version of Jira & Confluence for migrating, so it cannot be "the latest version".  

Like wemustbeunited likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events