Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do version upgrades work in Jira Cloud

Stephanie Resendez March 30, 2021

I am currently on Jira Software Server plan and am interested in Cloud migration but I can't find documentation on how version upgrades will work in the Cloud.

Currently, we determine which version is the best next step by reviewing compatibility with Add Ons and integrations and then updating our test environment first so we can complete regression testing. If we move to the cloud, what is our involvement in upgrades and compatibility, regression testing, vs what is managed by Atlassian?

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Jira Cloud do not have versions, Atlassian is constantly rolling out new upgrades. You can see what is coming by checking out the Atlassian Cloud changes for each week.

If you are on the premium plan you have the option to manage what release track you want to be on. 

2 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Resendez ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community,

Q. I am currently on the Jira Software Server plan and am interested in Cloud migration but I can't find documentation on how version upgrades will work in the Cloud.

• There's no need to upgrade – you're always on the latest version. 
  • You'll have immediate access to new features, security updates, and more, without the need for any manual work.

Please refer to the below useful documents:

Let us know if you still have any queries.

-Sri

Marcin August 25, 2021

So that means no time outs?

0 votes
Rodrigo Nunes March 30, 2021

hi

0 votes
Rodrigo Nunes March 30, 2021

The cloud version provides for the latest server version, you need to apply upgrades to the latest version of the jira server for your migration to the jira cloud

Martin Strak November 15, 2021

where did you get this information that one needs "the latest version of the jira server" for migrating to jira cloud?

afaik, that is not true. Jira & Confluence Migration Assistants explicitly mention the minimum required version of Jira & Confluence for migrating, so it cannot be "the latest version".  

Like wemustbeunited likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events