Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i reset jira and confluence site for migration tests

Erik Mathijs February 8, 2022

When i want to do a migration test after a first migration, i want to delete all data and configurations in my cloud trial for jira / confluence , but keep my installed apps.

How can i delete all the data and configurations at once ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Erik Mathijs 

You will need to request that Atlassian do this for you. Either through support or your assigned migration success manager ( create a MOVE ticket with Atlassian to get into their migration support)

I spin up 30 day trials to perform testing and just let the expire and start a new one when necessary.

Erik Mathijs February 8, 2022

Hi @Tom Lister ,

Thanks for your response.

So if i ask for a reset through support, they delete all data and my apps ?

I have some extended free trials for my apps (example 6 months free trial for a app), clearing the data from my cloud trial will also clear my extended free app trials ?

Kind regards,

Erik

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Erik Mathijs 

I believe so but if you are using the same URL your trials will still be valid. Check with the vendor.

A quick and dirty you can try if you intend to trash the cloud server anyway is to create a test server with nothing except initial config use that to do a lift & shift migration into the server. That will replace all data during import.

Some other options here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/reset-and-delete-all-data-from-your-cloud-site-691012037.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events