Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I migrate from Asana to Jira cloud?

Daria January 10, 2022

Hello.

At the moment we have several projects in Asana and we'd like to move to Jira.

Is it possible to move Asana tickets to Jira cloud with attachments and comments? I've tried a standard import via CSV option and it looks like I've lost almost all the information except the description.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Daria , welcome to the community. You might find the following article about importing using CSV useful.create-issues-with-the-csv-importer 

Daria January 10, 2022

Hi Jack, thank you for your answer. As I said before I've already tried this option and it doesn't move my images from attachments or comments to the tickets. Am I doing this wrong?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

I cannot say for sure what the issue might be. However, you might find possible answers within previous posts on this topic . It is likely the images are not accessible in the import. It might be an interesting test just to simply see if you can add an attachment to an existing issue. By doing the singular test you can inspect the error message in the import.

Like Jason Wong likes this
Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Daria

As @Jack Brickey advised, the reason it hasn't work for you is because the CSV option can only migrate the attachments, if Jira can access the attachment's URL. Jira needs to be able to authenticate with Asana to be able to access and import the attachment data in the Asana URL. The stock standard CSV process doesn't have authentication with Asana. 

This post has 2 answers - one is a Marketplace app - that might help you get around this limitation: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Migrating-Attachments-from-Asana/qaq-p/1523600

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events