Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence links broken after a migration - Need atlassian support

Didier May 20, 2022

Hi,

We just get a free 12 month trial of Jira cloud & confluence cloud in our company (we are using jira server + confluence server until the end of this summer). We tried the migration to jira cloud and we've seen that the confluence links in jira tickets are not migrated correctly (the links are still pointing to the old confluence instance).

I've read many articles on the net and we know that this a known issue at atlassian and that we can open a ticket in order to be resolved in our instance.

Now, my question is:  Can we get the Atlassian support to resolve this issue more than one time ?  I mean, we would like to do the following:

#1) Migrate to Jira cloud as a Staging phase...check that everything it's ok. During that step, we will open a support ticket to Atlassian to resolve the links to confluence issue.

#2) Once everything its ok, we will officially migrate to Jira cloud as a production phase. Also, during that step, we will need to open a support ticket to Atlassian to resolve the links to confluence issue.

Thanks for your answers

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
May 20, 2022

Unfortunatley, they will not.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/after-a-successful-server-to-cloud-migration-url-links-are-broken-in-the-new-cloud-instance-1077781093.html

"As this is a time-consuming and manual task, we execute the link fixing procedure exclusively after Production migrations, during business hours in your support region."

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events