Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence cloud migration assistant: system error MethodInvocationException

Nancy Mazur March 29, 2023

Dear experts, 

(I thought I had committed the question earlier on, so if it appears twice, my apologies)

Here my issue. From within my Confluence Server (version 7.13.1) environment, I navigate to the Confluence Administration, and then to the Migration Assistant. I am expecting to see an operational screen allowing to do some steps from there. 

What I actually get is a page saying "System error", with the cause: 

Cause

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getInitialState' in class com.atlassian.migration.agent.web.AppAction threw exception com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Failed to update database schema at /templates/app.vm[line 21, column 44]
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:228)

caused by: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Failed to update database schema
    at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Failed to update database schema
    at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.upgrade(LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.java:35)

caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by JIRA (10.1.3.238) since 11/30/22 8:11 AM
    at liquibase.lockservice.StandardLockService.waitForLock(StandardLockService.java:230)

Any ideas how to solve this? 

Nancy

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jihan March 29, 2023

Hi Nancy,

If you still have an active license and support coverage, please send a support zip to Atlassian support so they can check the logs for you. Follow-up question too:

• Is this your first time running the migration assistant?
  • Can you still see Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant when you check Manage Apps?

Thanks.

Nancy Mazur March 29, 2023

Dear Jihan, 

I wanted to check the available public knowledge first. But yes, we do have support coverage, and if I get stuck with the suggested fix, I will definitely contact support. 

As for your questions: 

* yes, it is the first time I am running the assistant

* I do not see the Cloud Migration Assistant under "Manage Apps". 

Nancy

Nancy Mazur March 30, 2023

Hi, 

I believe we will need to go to plan B :) we just ran the sql command that was recommended above to unlock something at DB level, but the issue remains. 

What is puzzling me is that the lock message refers to our JIRA instance? 

Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock.  Currently locked by JIRA (10.1.3.238) since 11/30/22 8:11 AM
 at liquibase.lockservice.StandardLockService.waitForLock(StandardLockService.java:230)
 at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:184)
 at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:179)
 at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.upgrade(LiquibaseSchemaUpgrader.java:30)
 ... 16 more

During lunch I will prepare a package I guess to send to the support team.. 

Nancy 

Nancy Mazur March 30, 2023

All is fine in the state of Denmark. 

A restart of the service was all it took to have the migration client operational now. 

Many thanks for all the input! 

Nancy

Like # people like this
Jihan March 30, 2023
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events