Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Sandbox for Confluence

vthomas9 October 23, 2023

Hi -

I need to migrate our Jira and Confluence from server to Cloud.

I plan to test full migrations of Jira and Confluence. I have set  up a  Cloud Jira sandbox.   I would like to set up a Cloud Confluence sandbox.   I can't find a way to do it in the UI. The 'Create sandbox' button is greyed out  and inactive.

Has anyone else created both a Cloud Jira and Confluence sandboxes?  If so, how or where are the steps to do both?

Thanks,

Virginia T

University  of Washington

2 comments

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2023

Hello @vthomas9 !

Is your Confluence instance on the Premium plan?  Based on what you've said, that's the only reason you can't create a Confluence sandbox.

Like Brian Hill likes this
vthomas9 October 23, 2023

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

Hi Robert, 

I think we spoke some time last year!   I believe we our Confluence is Standard and not Premium. This would explain why, indeed.  

Virginia T.

Like # people like this
Krista Stellar October 28, 2023

We generally do not use the sandbox in cloud for testing migrations as there are limitations (e.g. can't easily test app migrations).

Instead we create new sites with trial licenses. The Premium trial is 30 days (site is free for 60 days from when you create the site because payment is due 30 days after the 30 day trial ends). That generally is long enough for most migration tests.

If you need the trial extended AND you have a MOVE ticket with a CMM then you can request an extension and (so far) they have always accommodated our requests.

The test orgs/sites can take a while to remove when you are done given there are many gates and waiting periods related to deleted sites and orgs; however these sites offer the best approach to testing in our experience.

Best wishes!

vthomas9 October 28, 2023

Hi @Krista Stellar

I wish we knew about this before we started testing.  

We have already purchased the Cloud Jira and Confluence.   We have only   one app that we are migrating, Easy Agile by TeamRhythm. 

Virginia T.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events