Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud (GoogleSSO) to Cloud (O360 SSO)

Marc Salomon November 28, 2022

Hello,

We are migrating cloud to cloud from a Google SSO regime to an O360 SSO regime. This was not my idea.

Since the SSO key will change from gmail email addresses to O360 email addresses, we'll need to map old email to new.

Is there a facility in the cloud to cloud migration that will allow us to change emails upon import? Or would we need to go in after migration to change emails manually?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Derek White December 7, 2022

Maybe the tombstone/merge feature could be hacked to force an email change?

I'd probably see if a script, ran after the migration, would solve this. (Set Email API) Can source the managed users from Get users in an organization.

Derek White December 7, 2022

With (Azure) AD, I have seen it switch the Atlassian account's email when the UPN is different, but AD knows both. E.G. Login as me@1.com, 1.com is managed so goes to SSO provider, SSO (AD) knows both emails and finds user, UPN is set as me@2.com and they send that to Atlassian, Atlassian notices UPN change and updates account email to match.

So, if O365 knows both the old and new email, but new email is set as UPN, and SSO is on for both domains (pointing to O365), you might be good to go just with a UPN change.

(YMMV, this info came to me through a 2nd party.)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events