Back up data

Shari Noonan July 3, 2020

How do I archive / back up data from Atlassian / Jira?  I have just learned they have deleted my entire site which contained 4 years of documentation because an employee left the firm and canceled our contract, so clearly I need to make sure going forward I have a BACK UP to whatever Atlassian / Jira has so as not to be held hostage.  Thoughts?  

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Ramona Scripcaru
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Hey @Shari Noonan !

In addition to the article shared, I wanted to share that you can also automate the backup generation by using the script mentioned on:

You can schedule this to run weekly and save the file locally to ensure you have a backup for your data that can be easily restored, also in case any user will delete content by mistake.

Cheers!

Ramona

Atlassian Cloud team

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Thanks @Ramona Scripcaru  I set this up in my instance and tested it, works good for me!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2020

Hi @Shari Noonan ,

Welcome to the community!

Please visit the below link and read carefully how to backup data

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/backing-up-data-938847673.html

I hope it will solve your problem!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events