A DEMICONIAN participating in an Atlympic Even and talking about migration.

Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2021

Hello, i am Ignacio Aredez a DEMICONIAN of the company DEMICON, (demiconians is the name of the members of our tribe). My role is to help companies in their migration process, licensing issues, analysis of apps, features, migration of users, risk detection, possibilities for improvement in the migration, etc.. I always tell my clients that if we don't deliver a better system we are not achieving our goal. I really believe that the cloud is the best option and I convey to our clients that going to the cloud is the best thing that could happen to their company from a strategic and digitalization point of view.

In DEMICON we are approximately 80 Demiconians.

linkedin-banner_1920x480px_01.png

We work with practically all Atlassian products in their different versions. But I would say that the three main ones are Jira, Confluence and Jira Service management. This is because it is the most demanded but we really work with practically the entire Atlassian ecosystem of tools.

Atlassian-Cloud-Blog-Image-01.jpg

In our company we all use Atlassian, we are in many different cities and countries and without Atlassian this collaboration would not be possible. This is the reason why 100% of the company uses Atlassian, marketing, sales, developers, project managers, company managers. Absolutely everyone uses it on a constant basis.

The main integration I currently use is Hubspot with Jira and confluence with a lot of automation that makes my life much easier. While on a daily basis we also use, Slack, tempo, scriptrunner, etc.

• What surprised you most about the migration to cloud?

I was surprised by the fact that no two migrations are the same, so for me it is key to always pay attention to the details in order to be as accurate as possible. This has a direct impact on customers and we are getting very good feedback and this is due to the obsession to really understand the architecture and the system we want to migrate. Migration is a key moment to improve the customer's digital ecosystem.

• What technical a-ha moment helped you get across the finish line?

The new Atlassian accreditations were very helpful and I realize that even though I have 6 years of experience I have to keep learning every day because technology advances at a pace that is difficult to digest if you are not giving 100%.

• What advice would you give other customers starting a migration? What do you wish you’d known?

Take it seriously, the goal is not a copy paste between systems, the goal is to have a system that empowers your company, your teams and this requires planning, strategy, knowledge and analysis. Remember that you are taking advantage of the collaborative economy and this will positively impact your organization.

It is important for you to know that these points are key in the migration process

Users: there are external users, you are using an "active Directory, how will you configure the new instance?  The analysis of user migration is important and should be taken seriously.

Applications: Sometimes if an app is not available it could mean that the feature is integrated and you don't need it or maybe you find another one that does the same thing but better. This is not a blokler I recommend you to do a deep analysis. We use a template that allows you to analyze the app perfectly for decision making.

Features: The cloud is the future and you will be able to take advantage of many new features, so it is worth investing time in an analysis of your current situation and the possibilities for improvement.

Atlassian has very valuable resources that will help you with the migration, use them. Read the blog, ask questions in the community, read the documentation and check the list of available resources (these are updated regularly and have very valuable information).

Atlassian access is a great tool that improves the security of your entire organization and you should really look into the idea of using it.

atlassian security.png

• What migration strategy and method did you use?

"Optimize-and-Shift" is my favorite because I always want to deliver an optimized system. I know all of them very well but this one is my favorite.

• What’s the best part of life in cloud post-migration?

Everything, literally your life, your company's life and the life of your users/customers will improve. If you haven't taken the plunge yet, do it because it will really impact you in a positive way. My only recommendation is that you get support from an expert because some migrations can be complex.

3 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 25, 2021

Great contribution! Thank you so much for submitting :) 

Like Ignacio Aredez likes this
Kristjan Mar Hauksson July 26, 2021

Loved the post, inspiring and fun to read. Good luck with you involvement in the Atlympics

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Well deserved Atlympics Gold medal for this article @Ignacio Aredez , great job :)

Like Ignacio Aredez likes this
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

Thank you very much @Kishan Sharma 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events