cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence AI - Multiple languages

Birger Steelandt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2023

I've noticed that it does indeed understand other languages but in our case it responds in English. With sometimes untranslated words in between.

In my case, my language settings are english, but a lot of our Confluence is in Dutch.

Is the answer based on language settings of the user?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Annie Lieu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2023

Hi Birger! 

Yes, answers are based on the language settings of the user. This means if your Atlassian account settings are set to English, Confluence AI will generate answers in English even if the content of the Confluence page itself is in Dutch. 

That being said, if you still desire Confluence AI to answer prompts in a different language than your Atlassian language settings, you can 

1. Do a 2 step process of asking Confluence AI to answer in their original setting, then tell it to translate that answer into your desired language. 

Or

2. Specify desired language of AI answer generation in prompting - i.e "Generate a list of vacation ideas in Dutch." 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions. 

0 votes
Izzy Kohout
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2023

Hey @Birger Steelandt

I'm Izzy and I'm the product manager working on our 'smart answers in search’ feature in Confluence. 

I'd love to talk to you about your experience using our search feature in a multilingual setting. 

Let me know if you're open to this! If it's convenient for you, I have this calendly link that will allow you to book any free time on my calendar - it will take into account your local timezone, and may be easier to book through than the email back and forth. Let me know if none of those times work for you & if there's one that would work better. 

Thank you!

Izzy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events